Do you want to know how to list your business on the Yahoo business listing page for free?
Believe it or not, Yahoo still accounts for one out of every eight searches in the United States, so you want your local business to be appropriately featured there. Although Yahoo has lately undergone a number of complex changes, the good news is that you can still claim a free local business listing.
Do you know that you can claim a free local business listing on Yahoo by following the simple steps in this article? Yes, you can;
In this article, I’ll show you how to accomplish it on your own without having to pay someone else to help you.
Before we get started, it is important to note that there are three types of Yahoo Business Listing and these are;
- Yahoo! Local Enhanced Listing ($9.95/mo)
- Yahoo! Localworks ($29.99/mo)
- Yahoo! Local Basic Listing (FREE)
This article is focused on the free version of it which is the Yahoo Local Basic Listing.
NOTE: Yahoo no longer oversees the claiming and updating of business listings. Yext Powerlistings is currently the only way to add or update a business on Yahoo Local.
How To Add Business Listing On Yahoo
Yahoo business listing is similar to the popular Google my business. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to claim a free local business listing on yahoo.
- The first step is to visit https://login.yahoosmallbusiness.com/signup to signup
- Next, you’ll need to fill in some information about the business you wish to list. Start typing a category in the Business Category box, and Yahoo will show you the categories that are accessible. Select “Next” button from the drop-down menu.
- Sign in to Yahoo. There are 4 choices available to choose from; create a new account, sign in with Yahoo ID, Google ID, or Facebook ID
- If you choose Gmail ID, you’ll be asked to submit your Date of Birth after your login has been authenticated, and then you’ll be prompted to click the “Continue” button.
- You must now edit and submit your business information in accordance with the information you’ve previously provided to other business listings such as Google, Bing, and others. That’s why you need to be sure your information is correct. After that, upload one company photo in the required field and click the “Submit information” button.
- After that, you’ll be asked to select a type of verification. However, we believe that receiving a phone call is the quickest method. A Yahoo robot will dial your number and give you a four-digit number. Click “Verify Code” after entering the number.
- That’s it; your submission is now being reviewed, and after it has been completed, Yahoo will send you an email confirming whether or not your attempt was successful
- Yext PowerListings, on the other hand, can take care of the aforementioned process for you. All you have to do is visit; https://www.yext.com/pl/localseo/index.html and then fill up the blanks with the necessary information. Also, follow the prompt to complete the task using YEXT.
If you operate a local business, the majority of your consumers will be local. Business listing on Yahoo allows your business to appear in their local search feature to increase your visibility to customers using the search engines from your area. Local business listing is a vital step in increasing Internet and in-person traffic from local customers; it’s also free and takes very little effort.