In today’s technology-driven world, if you want to attract clients, you need to get your business name and profile listed in all of the main online directories. Many of these local business listing services are well-known websites and social media platforms where any business owner can create a page for their firm, such as Facebook or Yelp. Many less-popular or local websites, on the other hand, allow small business owners to list their businesses for free.
The best method to ensure that your company maximizes its SEO and is visible in as many searches as possible is to list it in every possible business directory. Furthermore, by generating a free business listing with the same information on a variety of local business listing websites, search engines are more likely to trust your profiles and display them more frequently, focusing on keyword searches connected to your products or services. To put it another way, listing your business boosts your local SEO significantly. This will boost the visibility of your business profile in local and mobile searches across several search engines.
Benefits Of Business Directories
Some of the benefits of submitting a free company listing to a business directory, social networking platform, or review site include:
- Increase Your Online Visibility
Prior to the internet, businesses relied on phone directories, newspaper ads, and other traditional marketing and advertising methods to get their name out there. No marketing strategy in the digital age is complete without optimizing your online presence. Creating a business page for your company on every conceivable review site, social media network, and free business listing site is important for a strong online presence.
- Making Your Business Known Locally
Local SEO is critical to the success of firms that cater to a certain geographic region’s audience. Your company may miss out on a potential consumer who could travel just minutes from their home to receive what they need from your organization if you don’t have a proper presence in web directories.
You may struggle to make your business name known to that potential customer among thousands of others if you don’t create a free business listing in directories – which nearly usually feature geographic filters. There are a variety of ways to promote your business locally, but make sure your website is included on the sites below.
- Getting Your Info Out There
Want to let potential customers know when your store is open, how they can contact you, what services you offer, and how much other customers trust you? Users may search for businesses based on speciality, location, and ratings using free business listings, which allow you to post information like your company hours, contact information, and addresses on platforms where users can search for businesses based on specialty, location, and ratings.
- Boosting Your Brand’s Reputation And Engagement
Customers will notice your company name even if they choose another firm or do not click on your link. This recognition solidifies your brand’s reputation in the minds of potential customers – especially if your ratings are high – and improves the likelihood that they will choose you again.
Important Websites To Get Your Business Listed
Are you ready to have your business listed in all of the relevant search engines and directories? The top 48 places where you may list your business for free are listed here. Follow this list for a few tips on how to get the most out of your local listing profiles.
1. Yelp for Business
With Yelp, you can expand your business. Add or claim your business, update your profile, respond to reviews, examine click and call reports, or get ahead of the competition with premium upgrades and simple, powerful advertising options.
2. Google My Business
Engage with customers for free on Google. You receive more than just a business listing with a Google My Business account. Your free Google Business Profile makes it simple for customers to find you on Google Search and Maps.
3. Bing Places for Business
Get online clients for four company. Free of charge, add your business to Bing to help internet customers find you. It’s likely that Bing already has a listing for your business. Claim an existing listing or create one from scratch. If your company has many locations, you can use the bulk upload feature to add them all at once.
Complete List of popular local business listing service:
- Better Business Bureau
- Angie’s List
- Just Local Business
- HERE Map Creator
- Judy’s Book
- Yellow Pages Directory Inc.
- Insider Pages
- Business Local Pages
- Yahoo Small Business
- Apple Maps
How To List Your Business On Business Listing Websites
Regardless of the fact that no two free business listing websites are same, you’ll probably need to follow these steps to list your business on the platform you want:
- Claim your business page
Some platforms may already have a page for your firm. These pages are usually placeholders created by the platform – or by a user – to ensure that your business is listed in the directory.
- Complete your business listing
Whether you have to claim an existing business page first or not, you must fill out your listing with accurate, up-to-date information so that potential clients can get a complete image of your firm. Include your address, phone number, services provided, business hours, and any other contact information.
- Verify your listing
Any internet user might theoretically claim your business listing as their own. That’s why, before your listing goes live, business directories need you to validate your identity and your business. Filling in a series of numbers that the platform sends you by SMS, email, or phone call is usually all it takes.
Checklist For When You Do Get Listed
More than just listing your business in these directories is required to ensure your presence in search results. Use the checklist below to make sure your listings are working for you and generating the most traffic for mobile and local searches.
- Make sure all of your info is consistent. Verify that your company’s name, address, and phone number are consistent throughout all listings.
- Include a detailed description of your business. With an excellent description, you can make your firm stand out. You should emphasize your company’s history as well as the products or services it provides.
- Include a link to your website in your profile. The link to your company’s website is one of the most powerful features of your local business online profiles. This has the ability to bring a lot of people to your website. Mobile searches mostly use local listings, so make sure your website is mobile-friendly or you risk losing visitors quickly.
- Claim the listing. A user can claim their profile on some local search engines after completing a quick verification process. By claiming your profile, you can greatly expand its reach.
- Incorporate secondary business info. Over 30% of local searches are for a business’s phone number, address, or hours of operation. On your local profiles, be sure to include things like your hours of operation, menu, and event calendar.
- Add images and videos to your page. Visual media, such as photographs and videos, convert at a far higher rate than plain text. Make sure you include photos and videos in your profiles.
- Obtain feedback from customers. Customer engagement is marked by reviews, which transmit indications of trust to search engines. Customers should always be encouraged to submit reviews of your business, and you should always respond to those reviews.
Online business directories are a great (and free) place to start if you want to reach out to a larger audience or reach out to individuals of your local community. The 48 local business listing service sites listed above provide a cost-effective solution to increase your chances of getting found online by your target audience.